The default option for deposits is for the deposit to be invested in line with the model allocation, for withdrawals the default is disinvest proportionately. However, you can also use the ‘align to target’ functionality, which naturally rebalances your model portfolios whenever money flows in or out of the model portfolio. It does this by prioritising purchases in underweight assets and sales of overweight assets, reducing unnecessary trades in future and helping to reduce risk by ensuring your clients' portfolios stay aligned to your original asset allocation.
Today's Top Content
Answers in this section
- What happens to cashflows into and out of a model portfolio that includes a suspended fund?
- My model portfolio contains a suspended fund. How do I remove the suspended fund from the model portfolio, so I hold only unsuspended funds in the new version of the portfolio?
- My model portfolio contains a suspended fund. How do I edit my portfolio, reduce the holding in the suspended fund and move clients to the new model portfolio?
- My model portfolio contains a suspended fund. How do I edit my portfolio and move clients into the new version, whilst retaining the suspended fund?
- My model portfolio contains a suspended fund. How can I rebalance my portfolio?
- Who can access and edit model portfolios?
- How are deposits into or withdrawals from a model portfolio treated?
- Can I upload an excel document containing my chosen funds for investment and asset allocation?
- Will cash held within my model portfolio be used to fund fees and charges?
- Can I switch one asset only within a model portfolio?