This step-by-step summary explains how to switch an account into a model investment portfolio. You can also redirect ongoing contributions into the portfolio if you wish. This will switch all holdings in the account into the model portfolio.
What you’ll need to get started
- The name of the model portfolio you want to switch into. The portfolio must already be set up on the system.
- A list of the clients’ accounts you’d like to switch into the model portfolio.
- You’ll need to know whether you want to redirect any ongoing contributions into the model portfolio, as well as switching existing holdings.
Switching into a model portfolio
① From the homepage, click on the ‘Portfolios’ tab.
② Select the model portfolio you want to switch into from the list displayed.
③ Click on the ‘Portfolio switch’ button at the top of the screen.
- Select ‘Switch in’ (alternatively, you could choose to switch accounts out or to rebalance accounts invested in the model portfolio).
④ On the next screen, complete the fields about the advice that’s been given.
- Confirm whether to switch the account holdings, and/or redirect ongoing contributions into the model portfolio.
⑤ Search for and select the accounts to switch into the model portfolio. You can search for clients using the search facility or by clicking the ‘View all accounts’ option.
- Accounts which cannot be switched will have a yellow symbol displayed next to them. Click on the symbol to find out why the account cannot be switched.
- Click ‘Next’.
⑥ Details of the accounts selected will be displayed on screen. Click on the red cross to remove any accounts if required.
- Click ‘Next’.
⑦ The model portfolio asset details and allocation will be displayed. You can click on the asset names to view more information on them. Click ‘Next’.
⑧ Review the information you have entered.
- Use the ‘Edit’ options to make any amendments.
- Generated documentation will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Tick the declarations and then click ‘Submit’.
- The message at the top of the screen confirms that your instruction has been submitted.
- You can view the instruction from your ‘Recent Activity’ tab on the homepage or within the ‘Activities’ tab on the client’s dashboard.