This step-by-step summary explains how to generate a long or short report covering up to six of your client’s investments in preparation for their review. There are several different reports available to you, including one called ‘Valuation’, which enables you to generate a simple valuation of one of your client’s investments (please see ‘How to generate a valuation statement’ for more information about this).
What you’ll need to get started
- A list of the client’s investments that you’d like to include within the report.
- The date range you’d like the report to reflect.
- The benchmark you’d like to include within the report.
Producing a valuation for your client’s investment
① From the homepage, search for the relevant client.
② Click on the ‘Create reports’ button at the top of the client’s dashboard and select ‘Client report’.
③ Select the client’s investments to include in the report. You have the option to include up to six investments per report.
- The client and adviser name fields will prepopulate but you can amend these if needed.
- Choose the reporting period. If you’ve selected ‘Custom date range’ then enter the ‘To’ and ‘From’ dates.
- Select the ‘Report type’. Short reports are designed for you to give to your client. Long reports provide more detailed information including a summary of fees and charges which is more suitable for your own research.
- Choose the benchmark you’d like to use for comparison purposes within the report.
- Upload your firm’s logo and add any comments you’d like to be included within the report, if required.
- Click ‘Generate report’ and your report will appear underneath. It may take a minute or so to generate and will open in a separate window.
④ Click on the report to open it.
- The report will show a summary of the total holdings and a breakdown of the client’s account holdings and information on their asset holdings.
- The payments in and out graph allows you to see the different transactions that have been made as well as the performance.
- The time weighted performance graph takes into account the values of all of the underlying assets held, income including interest and dividends, and any fees and expenses that have been incurred during the reporting period.
- The risk and return chart shows how your client’s accounts have performed and their volatility over the time period shown.
- A table of investments is included showing key performance ratios for your client’s holdings against the benchmark, fund rating information, and any other fund information.
- You can download the statement to save it locally. It will also be saved within the system for you, and you can re-access it from the ‘Documents’ tab on your client’s dashboard.