Our NEW CGT reporting tool is now more user-friendly and gives you even more options when delivering valuable tax planning to your clients. Whilst you’re getting used to the new CGT tool and where more complex calculations and scenarios are involved, we recommend you speak to your platform specialist for additional support.
Five key improvements give you the ability to:
- Carry out enhanced 'what if' scenario planning
- Record and save book costs, gains or losses, and carried forward losses from the previous tax years
- Include assets held outside of Old Mutual Wealth investments in calculations
- Use the tool with all client types, including trusts, by specifying the appropriate CGT annual allowance
- Fully tailor the report to your client's needs, over a time period of your choice, and access the tool on any browser you choose.
With greater control over your clients' tax position, you can easily deliver sophisticated tax planning to help your clients achieve the best outcome.
Analysis can be carried out to assess your clients' current tax position, the impacts of a full or partial sale of assets, and there are a number of 'what if' scenarios that you can use, including:
- Selling proportionally across all funds
- Selling assets manually, by money or units
- Selling to reach a capital gain target
- Selling assets to reach a specific value.
Once produced, all CGT reports can be kept in your client records and will be saved for future use.
The CGT tool will base its calculations on the payment and withdrawal preferences set at model level. This will either be 'align to target' (where overweight assets will be sold to bring the portfolio back to its target percentage) or a proportionate sale of assets.
More information on running model portfolios can be found in our training section.