This step-by-step summary explains how to create a quick quote for a client. This functionality is completely paperless therefore making it quicker and more efficient to prepare for initial client meetings.
What you’ll need to get started
To produce a quick quote for any product, you will need to know the:
- Contribution amount(s)
- Frequency and start date of any regular payments and withdrawals
- Fund choice for all contributions
- Adviser initial fee for all contributions, and any ongoing adviser fee
To produce a quick quote for a Collective Investment Account (CIA) or Collective Investment Bond (CIB):
- The client must have been added to the platform (or both clients, for joint quotes)
- The lives assured must have been added to the platform for CIB quotes. To set up a new client see How do I set up a new client
To produce a quick quote for a Collective Retirement Account (CRA)*, you will need to know:
- The name of the employer for employer regular contributions
- The selected retirement date for the client
*Please note that 'Phased Drawdown' illustrations are not available in either quick quote or for full illustrations. This is because our 'tax-efficient regular income options (TRIO)' is now the preferred option for the majority of advisers.
Creating a quick quote for a client
① From the homepage, locate and select the client.
② Click on the ‘New business’ quick link button and select the ‘Quick quote’ option.
③ Follow the onscreen process completing the data fields appropriately for the illustration you are looking to produce.
④ A copy of the quote will be available below along with any generated documentation. You can view all of the information you’ve entered on the quote by expanding each section.
⑤ If you’re ready, you can start the application using the ‘New business application’ button.
- This will pre-populate the new business application with information from the quote.
- Or you can create another quote using some or all of the information or start a new blank quote for the client.
⑥You can re-access the application from the client’s dashboard, within the ‘Activities’ tab.