This step-by-step summary explains how to find your way around your adviser dashboard.
What you’ll need to get started
- You’ll need to be set up on our new technology platform and be logged in to your account.
- You’ll need the correct level of access set up to:
- locate the client records you require
- view and create remuneration payments and statements
- set up and manage other users’ access and permissions.
Navigating your adviser dashboard
① To view and access your clients’ details:
- From the homepage, select ‘Clients’ from the left hand menu. From this tab you’ll be able to search for all the clients registered to you, or those within your firm depending on your level of access.
- You can use the search bar at the top of the page to locate your clients. Type in the client’s name, and select the client record that appears below. Your recently viewed clients will also appear on screen.
- For a range of additional search filters, click on ‘Advanced search’ on the right hand side of the client search bar and select the filters you want to apply.
- You can also use the search bar at the top of the homepage to locate your clients. To return to the homepage, select ‘Home’ from the left hand menu.
② To add a new client record:
- Select the ‘Add client’ button from the top right hand corner of the homepage.
- From the homepage, select ‘Clients’ from the left hand menu. From this tab select the ‘Add client’ button in the top right hand corner.
③ To resume or delete any previous activity:
- On the homepage, select the ‘Activity’ tab. Details of your activity will appear below.
- To resume any activity, select the ‘View’ button on the right hand side of the activity record.
- To delete any in-progress activity, hover over and select the red cross button on the right hand side.
④ To create new users and amend other users’ details, if your level of access allows you to maintain other users’ details:
- Click on ‘System Admin’ in the top right hand corner of the homepage.
- Select ‘Add user’ in the top right hand menu to create a new user.
- The list of users under your agency will appear on screen, or use the search bar at the top of the screen to locate existing users. Select the user’s name to amend their details.
- View the ‘How do I set up and manage users’ access and permissions’ guide for more details.
⑤ To create, view and search for remuneration payments and statements:
- From the homepage, select the ‘Remuneration statement’ option in the top right hand corner.
- From the resulting ‘Remuneration statement’ screen, use the dropdown menu to locate specific payments. Use the options on the left hand side to apply filters to search for remuneration payments by specific date range, adviser and account number.
- Select the ‘Remuneration report’ button in the top right hand menu to create new and view old remuneration reports.
⑥ Using the ‘Portfolios’ tab:
- From the homepage, select ‘Portfolios’ from the left hand menu.
- Three tabs – Adviser Portfolios, DIM Portfolios and MPS Portfolios – allow you to search for and view your portfolios.
- To research assets, select the ‘Research funds’ button in the top right hand menu.
- To access our Managed Portfolio Service Explorer tool, select the ‘MPS Explorer’ button in the top right hand menu.
- To add a new model portfolio, select the ‘Add new portfolio’ button in the top right hand menu.
⑦ Using the ‘Assets’ tab:
- From the homepage, select ‘Assets’ from the left hand menu.
- You will see asset details for your clients listed below. The ‘Value’ column shows the total monetary amount held in each asset, the ‘Accounts invested’ column gives details on the number of accounts invested in each asset, and the ‘Portfolios used’ column shows the number of model portfolios the asset is currently held in.
- From within this tab you can also find fund news, prices and performance, and conduct research on funds by selecting the buttons in the top right hand menu.
⑧ Using the ‘Tools’ tab:
- From the homepage, select ‘Tools’ from the left hand menu.
- This will display a range of our useful online tools which you can access to help you to run your business. Find the tool you want to use and click on ‘Launch this tool’.
⑨ Using the ‘Literature’ tab:
- From the homepage, select ‘Literature’ from the left hand menu.
- This tab will take you to our website where you can find any required documentation, including product and fund information.
⑩ To log out:
- When you are finished, select ‘Logout’ from the left hand menu.