This step-by-step summary explains how to produce a valuation statement for one of your client’s investments. There are several different reports available to you, including one called ‘Client review report’, which enables you to generate a long or short report covering up to six of your client’s investments (please see ‘How to generate a client review report’ for more information about this).
What you’ll need to get started
- The name of the client and which investment you’d like the valuation for.
- The date range you’d like the valuation to reflect.
Producing a valuation for your client’s investment
① From the homepage, search for the relevant client.
② Click on the ‘Create reports’ button at the top of the client’s dashboard and select ‘Valuation’.
③ Select the client account to include in the valuation statement and choose the valuation date. A valuation can be run at either client or tax wrapper level. At client level it will have all tax wrappers and at tax wrapper level just that wrapper.
- Click ‘Generate’ and your valuation statement will appear underneath. It may take a minute or so to generate.
④ Click on the statement to open it.
- The client and account details will be displayed at the top of the statement followed by a breakdown of the client’s accounts, and then the asset, account, and withdrawal values.
- You can download the statement to save it locally. It will also be saved within the system for you, and you can re-access it from the ‘Documents’ tab on your client’s dashboard.
- A single account valuation can also be generated by selecting the account from the clients’ dashboard, and clicking on the ‘Create reports’ quick link button on the account dashboard.